Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Proud to be an American

Now I know that some may not be happy with the turnout of the election but I guess that is why we have these elections. If you voted...good for you...if not(if you are of age) then you have no right to complain about the outcome.

I am so proud to be able to say that my first vote was for the first black president of the US. I cannot believe how long it has taken for us to do that. To see what many people have gone through just to be recognized as people in this country now it all makes sense to me. I am ready for change..although I am reluctant to think that it will happen as soon as people want it...and I am excited to see what is to come in the future. I am very proud of the fact that record numbers of people got out there to have their voices heard.

As we go on all we can do now is come together as one and try to put aside our differences to unite and fix the mess we have going on in our country and the world today. I want to be able to support my future family and my parents like they have supported me. I want to be able to live in a world that respects me for being an American. I want people to be seen and treated as equals no matter how they choose to live their lives. I want to remember this day forever and now I can say that I had a part in it!


God Bless America

3 comments:

Liana said...

chelsea. im so sick of studying. ssooooo sick of it. i dropped that class :( so i really want to do well on this midterm on monday.

Liana said...

i took a nap today... i thought of you because it was faaantastic!!!

Liana said...

loser you better not have delted this i just sent you an award