Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Year's goals

So one of my new year's goals is to lose at least 15 lbs by my birthday in May. I find this to be pretty reasonable given that would be 3 lbs a month.

I find that the people on this blog have the same worries and face the same obstacles that I do while trying to lose weight.
I was an athlete in high school so that 6 days a week working out for 2+ hours a day for almost every week of the year...so it is safe to say I was pretty in shape
Then I went to college...

This has turned out to be harder then I expected. I completely stopped working out + the eating crappy foods didnt help either. But I have lost almost half of what I have gained in the past 1.5 years so I am on the right track.

Now this next quarter starting in Jan. I have no reason whatsoever not to go to the gym. I have 2 days off during the week and I dont start classes until the mid afternoon.

My only problem is my cravings for everything bad for you.

I am a big snacker...and I have been pretty good about what I buy but it is not good enough.

Any suggestions on good snacks..because I don't see myself stopping that. We all need to eat when we are hungry...just eat healthy things!


OK now that the rant is over..ha

Enjoy your day!!
Chelsea

2 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

I posted a blog about healthy snacks a while back too. It's hard when you need something that doesn't have to be refrigerated and doesn't go bad after a few hours :) Otherwise, raspberries or things like that are good. And little veggies like baby carrots.

I feel you. I started to gain weight about 2 years after college. Lost it all...and have gained it back. It can be so depressing. And I'm the same way too, I work out all the time..my problem is that I love to eat, I love food, and at least right now I am not willing to give that up!

Liana said...

haha..."then i went to college"

i'll work out with you bc i need to get ready for MV yaaaa right! hope your break is good

im cold--you were right