Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 3 of growing up!

So I just started my major this quarter. I am a Human Services major which I wasnt so sure of in the beginning but now I LOVE IT. It has only been a week but I know that this is right for me. For some reason I just have an extra jump in my step recently....It might be the huge bruise that I have in my bottom from falling....but at least it is an extra jump!

I have never been this excited for something in my life. I feel like I am finally able to be me. It is going to be a lot of work...emotional...physical...but I just cant wait.

We get to work with foster teens for the next 9 months and I am nervous/happy. I know it can be difficult but I am excited about the opportunity to try and help make a difference in someone's life.

Now people ask me all the time (mainly family) why I want to become a professional in this field because it doesnt make enough money. HONESTLY I feel that it will be hard if the job that I eventually get wont be the highest paying job. BUT to me it is about the way you feel when you work. I never want to be like my mother...although she loves her job I think that it is only because it makes enough money for them to get by. I want to love my job and love my life because of it.


Ok now enough of that

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Chelsea

1 comment:

Liana said...

yes tuesday, after olive garden is out of my system!! then ill be supposedly be ready for no junk food, celery and working out? okay