Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Time to Grow Up!

Ok so yesterday was my first day of classes for the quarter. I had a four hour class that went from 4-8pm..sucky I know.
It was also the first class in my major that I am taking. It was very exciting, overwhelming (in a good way...if that makes sense), relieving and fun!
So my major is Human Services. I really have a passion for helping others especially those who cannot help themselves for whatever reason. Although it is not the highest paying degree it is more about personal fulfillment for me.
Anyway...so during class my prof kept mentioning summer classes. Now I go to school 2 hours away from home..but that is all about to change seeing that my parents are moving back to Alabama this upcoming summer....YES the same summer that I have to take classes.
..I kind of freaked out about it for like 2 min. then I realized I am a grown up now and I have to make my own decisions and move on with my life. It was kind of scary for a second and then I realized how fun this can be!

It is going to suck living up here for 2 reasons
1. I wont be able to work at the job that I have had for the past 3 summers...
2. I wont be able to spend the time with my family like I would like to especially now that my sister will be starting her first year of college and my parents will be moving.


But if I learn anything through this experience it will be how I can live on my own..pretty much..and learn how much of a better person I will be from this!


Wow sorry that was long but a lot of things were on my mind!

Happy Wed!
Chelsea

No comments: